Rocketts Landing is a recently redeveloped area that includes Richmond’s only marina on the James River. Located on the eastern edge of the city, Rocketts Landing shares a border with Henrico County. It was named after a ferry operator, Robert Rockett, who carried colonists across the James River to a large plantation owned by William Byrd II in the 1730s. The area is also home to the vaults of the James River Steam Brewery, a defunct brewery that was founded by David G. Yuengling in 1866. Real estate in Rocketts Landing include starter-home condos and luxury riverfront townhomes.